About Taylor Hobin
Taylor Hobin is an attorney at Sehr Law Firm who specializes in tax law, estate planning, and business law. Taylor’s practice focuses on estate planning, on representing businesses and individuals in tax planning and tax controversy against the IRS and the FTB, business entity formations and operations strategies, and probate and trust administration.
Taylor has counseled many Bay Area families on estate planning, including advanced estate planning strategies, and serves as a long-term trusted advisor to his clients. He has administered numerous estates through probates and through trust administrations. He has successfully litigated estate disputes and resolved tax controversies with the IRS and the FTB, advocating strongly on behalf of his clients.
Taylor graduated from UC Hastings College of the Law where he was an editor of the UC Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly. He then completed the LLM in Taxation Program at Golden Gate University which is a specialized master’s-level degree in the field of tax law. Prior to joining Sehr Law Firm, Taylor practiced law with the firm of Hobin & Hobin LLP in Antioch, California.
In addition to the practice of law, Taylor is an avid golfer. He was captain of the University of San Francisco Golf Team in 2006 and 2007 and was a GCAA Academic All-American in 2007.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctorate
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Masters of Law in Taxation
- University of San Francisco, Bachelor of Arts
- De La Salle High School
- State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- “Wireless Internet Searches: How the Fourth Amendment Applies to Police Searches of Information Accessed over A Wireless Internet Connection”, 41 Hastings Const. L.Q. 681 (2014).
- “Criminal”, Writing for a Real World, A Multidisciplinary Anthology, 27 (2006-2007).