Tax Planning and Controversy
Current governmental attempts to maintain or increase tax revenue create new and difficult challenges for tax planning and dispute resolution for businesses and individuals alike. With the frequently changing tax rules, it is more important than ever to work with a tax advisor who understands your business, the intricacies of federal and state taxation, and the opportunities for tax efficiencies available to you. That is why our firm provides a broad-array of legal services to our clients, with an emphasis on minimizing tax obligations.
All of our attorneys have graduate level degrees in taxation or have taught graduate level tax classes. Sehr Law Firm represents businesses and individuals in tax planning and controversies involving federal and California income taxes, real property taxes, and gift, estate, and trust taxes. We handle compliance with all tax laws and regulations at the federal, California and local levels.
Specifically, our firm can help you with a variety of tax matters, including:
- Individual and business entity income tax
- Estate tax
- Gift tax
- Capital gains tax
- Excise tax
- Sales and use tax
- Real property tax
- Employment tax
- Generation skipping tax
We will help you plan to pay the taxes that you legally owe, and utilize the tax code to your advantage. Whether an individual or business matter, we will be your advocate on:
- Business formation and dissolution tax implications and strategies
- Tax considerations of the sale or merger of a business
- Business combinations and spin-offs
- Planning for federal estate tax, gift tax, and generation skipping tax
- Tax court petitions and representation
- IRS and California Franchise Tax Board audits
- The appeals process with the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, the Board of Equalization, Department of Tax and Fee Administration, and the Office of Tax Appeals
- Employment tax consultation and compliance
- Preparation of gift and estate tax returns
- Real estate like-kind (Section 1031) exchanges
- Property tax planning, and in-formal and formal appeals
Our goal is to structure and implement practical solutions that meet our clients’ business and personal requirements, while minimizing tax burdens and maximizing profitability. Proper tax planning is a critical component of this undertaking. With tax laws deeply impacting all business, estate, and personal transactions, it is critical to have an advocate who knows the law and can advise you on potential tax implications of your options.
At Sehr Law Firm, we will provide you with knowledgeable tax advice and counsel, to help you avoid paying more in taxes than you are legally required to pay. We look forward to assisting you with your tax planning and controversy needs. Please contact us.