Real Estate Legal Services
Real estate is a significant investment for most investors, businesses, and individuals. The attorneys at Sehr Law Firm have decades of experience helping clients with most types of transactional real estate matters. Some companies and people attempt to undertake their real estate transactions without legal advice, only to regret it later when they discover problems. Our knowledge and experience in real estate matters can help you complete your deal and make your transaction successful.
Our real estate services include:
- Purchases and Sales. We represent sellers and buyers on all issues related to the sale and purchase of real estate, including contract negotiation, due diligence, title examination, physical condition of properties, zoning and regulatory matters, environmental matters, closing the transaction, and post-closing matters.
- Leasing. We work with landlords and tenants in all types of lease transactions, including office, retail, industrial, research and development, agricultural, residential, ground, and warehouse leases.
- Subleasing and Assignments. Our firm handles subleases, assignments, and consents for both landlords and tenants for all types of leases.
- Financing. Our attorneys have experience in representing both lenders and borrowers in structuring, documenting, and closing loans and other credit facilities.
- Property Management. We regularly manage commercial and residential real property as part of our probate and trust administration practice. That experience gives our attorneys an unique perspective on balancing the business objectives of our clients versus the legal risks of the transaction.
- Entity Formation. As part of our business law practice, we provide advice and form all entities needed for our clients’ real estate transactions.
- Real Estate Tax Planning. Our firm provides tax planning and §1031 advice to clients, which helps them reduce or eliminate the tax consequences of real estate transactions.
- Family Gifting and Transfers. We assist families to gift and transfer real estate interests to children and grand-children, with attention to avoiding a property tax reassessment.
- Title Review. We have experience in reviewing and resolving title matters, and clearing liens and other clouds on title.
- Construction Contracts. We have experience in most aspects of the construction process, including drafting design and construction contracts for general contractors and home improvement contractors, sub-contractor contracts, construction management agreements, bid forms, change orders, mechanics' lien notices, and project completion forms.
- Workouts. We have successfully negotiated and implemented workouts of landlord and tenant disputes, loan defaults, and other troubled real estate matters.
Sehr Law Firm offers experienced legal counsel for your real property needs. We welcome you to utilize our decades of experience and knowledge in real property matters to purchase, sell, lease, manage, and operate your real estate holdings. Please contact us