Business Law Legal Services
Sehr Law Firm represents many businesses and business owners from inception of the business concept through the entire life cycle of the business venture. Our firm is uniquely positioned to provide a broad-array of legal expertise to small, mid-size, and large businesses. We have experience in most transactional legal matters that your business is likely to encounter, and we strive to provide cost-efficient, practical, and customized solutions for your particular business needs. We provide transactional legal services to a wide range of businesses in a multitude of industries (click here for list), and we look forward to helping you with your business’s legal needs.
We have counseled Northern California business owners for decades and served as a trusted legal advisor. Sehr Law Firm can assist you with opening your business, understanding the requirements and implications of state and federal law on your business operations, maintaining yearly compliance with state and federal filing regulations, identifying and resolving your business’s legal issues, drafting contracts and agreements, tax planning, audit defense, sale and merger negotiations and document preparation, employment matters, planning and implementing business succession and transfers, and business closures.
Some of the types of entities and specific business services we provide include:
- Corporations: Form corporate entity, draft articles of incorporation and bylaws, file elections for S-corporation status, prepare minutes of meetings and resolutions for shareholders and directors, draft shareholder buy-sell agreements, assist with key-person insurance matters, governmental compliance filings, and most other transactional legal needs for your corporation.
- Partnerships: Form and draft partnership agreements for all types of partnerships, whether general, limited, or professional.
- Limited Liability Companies: Prepare and file articles of organization for limited liability companies (LLCs), draft operating agreements, and prepare other contracts and agreements required for your LLC.
- Sole Proprietorships: Provide legal counsel to business owners operating as a sole proprietor.
- Business Purchases, Sales and Mergers: Plan, advise, negotiate and draft documents for business acquisitions, sales, mergers, conversions, reorganizations, succession, and other transfers.
- Financing: Assist your business with its financing needs including providing advice and documentation for SBA and bank loans, private placements, personal or investor loans, and other financing methods.
- Tax Compliance and Planning: Obtain a federal employer identification number for your business to operate, provide audit or other tax dispute representation, work with the business’s and owner’s CPA(s) and other advisors on tax and other planning.
- Employment: Counsel your business on general employment matters and prepare employment and consulting contracts, and other employment-related documents and agreements.
- Intellectual Property Protection: Draft privacy and intellectual property protection agreements.
At Sehr Law Firm, we strive to provide practical and cost-effective legal advice and counsel tailored to your particular business needs and goals. We look forward to working with you and helping your business. Please contact us.